Join the number 1 knife source, BLADE Magazine in the “Knife Capital of the US”, Portland, OR, October 5-7, 2018 at the Oregon Convention Center. BLADE Show West is the best place to engage expert knife handlers, precision craftsmen, and master knife makers in one location. Explore your passion for knife making while checking out high-end blades and gear. Plus, learn a new skill during exhibitor demos and chat with your favorite knife/outdoor gear makers firsthand.
- 200+ Exhibitor Booths and Tables – Find brand name knives, one-of-a-kind custom knives, edc gear and materials from industry leaders like Smoky Mountain Knife Works, CRKT, Kershaw, Benchmade, Leatherman, WE Knife and more. See the full list of exhibitors.
- FREE Exhibitor Demonstrations – Take your knife knowledge to the next level as you learn from industry professionals and see firsthand how knife legends craft, sharpen and forge their knives. Learn everything from how to grind a knife blade to all about Nitro V, the new super steel. This is a chance to take your interests to the next level. Plus, all demos come free with the purchase of any BLADE Show West ticket.
- Knife of the Year Awards – See which exhibitor wins the 2018 Knife of the Year Awards which include, “best in show, edc, fixed blade, folding and weird knife” for both custom and factory makers.
BLADE Show West details
BLADE Show West will be held, October 5-7, 2018 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR, located at 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. Tickets are now on sale and priced online at $15, 1-day, $30, 3-day and will increase in price at the door to $20, 1-day and $40, 3-day. Show hours are October 5 &6, 10:00 am -6:00 pm, and October 7, 10:00 am -4:00 pm. Get your tickets here.
BLADE Show West is brought to you by the BLADE Magazine team/Caribou Media LLC. who hosts the largest knife show in the world each year in Atlanta, GA in June. BLADE Show has been around for 37 years in the South and is now being expanded to the Pacific Northwest for its first annual BLADE Show West.
SAVE ON YOUR PRE-SALE TICKET!
Online registration closes Wednesday, October 3rd at 11:59 PM PST. Grab your ticket beforehand and avoid waiting in line and the more expensive ticket prices once you get onsite! https://bladeshowwest.com/get-your-tickets/
We couldn’t be happier with the turn out of this year’s show. BLADE Show has surpassed all expectations and hit over 10,000 attendees that showed up to the Cobb Galleria this year to interact, purchase and learn from our 900+ exhibitors. Not only did we have record breaking attendance, but we also added 25,000 square feet to the Show Floor which included over 200 new exhibitors which created the largest Show Floor to date.
We would like to thank all our attendees, BLADE U speakers, media, exhibitors and sponsors that participated in the show this year. Without you, the show would not have been such a success.
Make sure that you save the date for our 2019 show that will be returning to the Cobb Galleria, June 7-9. More information coming soon for exhibitors regarding contracts and our hotel link.
We appreciate all your feedback and patience this year as we make changes to better improve the show. Please continue to post on our social pages and send us photos of you and your friends/family from the show this year!
See you next year in Atlanta for another AMAZING BLADE Show!
Steve Shackleford, Editor of BLADE Magazine, started in 1985 with the company and has now been with us for 33 years. When it comes to knowing knife facts, people in the biz and an overall knowledge of the industry, Shack is your go-to-guy! We asked him, why he loves BLADE Show so much, and here is what he said….
“I love BLADE Show because it’s so many things to so many people. It’s more than just knives—though the world’s best knives and makers of same make it a point to be there—it’s the joy of seeing old friends and making new ones, of watching the wonder and joy on people’s faces as they see a new knife, their favorite old ones and their favorite makers and friends, of attending and seeing the various events connected with BLADE University and the free BLADE Show demos. It’s seeing the BLADE Magazine Knives Of The Year®, the BLADE Show custom knife winners, the new knives all the exhibitors display at the show, the collections, the various knife accessories and more. It’s seeing young people and old celebrate their favorite tool, coming together during the show and after hours in The Pit of the show’s host hotel, the Renaissance-Waverly, to catch up and compare knives. It’s three days of the most knife fun anywhere—and we get to do it every year. In fact, I can’t wait. Is it show time yet?!”
Pictured is one of Shack’s favorite knives. “I’m a big fan of the knives of Bill Moran. It’s hard to pick just one, though. One of my favorites by him is his 50-Year Knife.”
BLADE SHOW HEADS WEST!
BLADE®, the world’s No. 1 knife media brand, announced today the all-new BLADE Show West in Portland, Oregon—the Knife-Making Capital of the USA. The 3-day show will open its doors at the Oregon Convention Center on Friday Oct. 5, 2018.
BLADE Show West is presented by BLADE® Magazine, which also hosts the Annual BLADE Show in Atlanta, Georgia June 1-3.
The new BLADE Show West will feature the works of prestigious knife manufacturers large and small, as well as handmade knives made by skilled custom knife makers. And Portland is the perfect city.
“There’s no better place to have a new BLADE Show than in the backyard of Blade City USA,” said Steve Shackleford, BLADE® Magazine Editor in Chief. “Knife enthusiasm is at an all-time high, and there are many thousands of knife aficionados and knife makers in the West. We’re eager to see and showcase all the great blades out there.”
BLADE Show West attendees will have the opportunity to:
- See knives of all types and designs—fixed blades, folders, automatics, swords, daggers, tactical knives, throwing knives, art knives and more
- View custom knives designed, forged, and finished by individual knife makers, and new models by renowned manufacturers
- Visit knife dealers, purveyors, collectors, and knife enthusiast organizations at more than 200 booths and tables
- Shop for knives priced from $10 to more than $10,000, knifemaking supplies and machinery, and accessories from sharpeners to cases
- Vote for the Best Knives of BLADE Show West
- See knives entered in the Weirdest Knife Contest—in line with the region’s unique Keep Portland Weird! slogan.
By BLADE Magazine Digital Editor, Ben Sobieck
Words can’t do justice to some knives. Here’s one of them.
The American Bladesmith Society (ABS) selected Terry Vandeventer to make the Master Smith of the Year Knife for 2018. He didn’t disappoint.
Vandeventer posted these photos of the knife to Facebook:
“You can get your hands on this incredible knife when it’s auctioned at the BLADE Show June 1-3 in Atlanta. It was a pleasure to make and it’s going to a good and worthy cause,” Vandeventer wrote.
- Feather-pattern damascus steel blade
- Damascus fittings
- Argentium silver and copper ornamental filework
- File-worked frame handle
- Museum-fitted woolly mammoth ivory
How You Can Get This Knife
“Professional photos will be taken, and it will be auctioned at the BLADE Show in Atlanta next June. Proceeds going to the ABS.,” Vandeventer wrote in this post.
All you need to do to make a bid is show up. BLADE Show tickets and information here.